Rhubarb 3 ways : Crumble | Crisp | Cobbler
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a 9-inch square-baking dish.
Making the crumble (1 large batch)
1 cup. all purpose flour 1 tsp. baking powder 1/2 cup. unsalted butter, cold and cubed 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped 5 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Mix the flour, baking powder and butter with your hands until crumbly.
- Add the sugar and scrapings from the vanilla bean and combine.
- Sprinkle over top of the rhubarb until just covered, then bake at 350 until rhubarb is bubbling and topping is brown (approx. 35 mins)
Making the crisp (1 large batch)
1 cup. butter, unsalted, soft 1 cup. oats ¾ cup. flour 1½ cup. brown sugar, packed 1 pinch cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients with your hands until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over top of the rhubarb until rhubarb is completely covered, then bake at 350 until rhubarb is bubbling and topping is brown (approx. 35 mins)
Making the cobbler (1 batch for approx. 4 servings)
1 cup. all purpose flour 1/4 cup. butter, unsalted, cold and cubed 1 tsp. baking powder 1 tsp. baking soda 1/4 cup. sugar 1 pinch salt ½ cup. coffee cream (12%) OR buttermilk 1 pinch cinnamon ¼ lemon, zested
- Combine all the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Drop spoonful’s of batter on top of the fruit mixture, leaving gaps in between – approx. 7-9 large spoon-full.
- Bake until rhubarb is bubbling and cobbler top is baked golden brown.