Yield about 18 jars (250ml each)
1 sugar pumpkin (about 10lbs) peeled, split, seeded, and cut into cubes
4 slices of oranges (each cut in half)
2 lemon zested and juiced
4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Place the cubed pumpkin in a large bowl with the sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or even overnight.
2. Transfer the sugared pumpkin in a large pot and simmering over very low heat stirring occasionally for about 30-45 minutes or until just soft but not mashed.
3. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, orange, cinnamon and continue simmering for about 30 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent burning, or until the jam mixture visibly thickens and it holds its shape in a jelly-like mound.
4. While the jam is cooking, prepare canner, sterilize jars and screw rings. For the lids, place them in a small saucepan filled with water, bring to a boil, remove from heat and set the pan aside.
5. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving ½ inch headspace. Gently tap the filled jars down on a cloth to push out trapped air bubbles.
6. Wipe rim clean with a damp cloth and place hot lid disc on jar. Screw band down until fingertip-tight. Do not overtighten.
7. Place jars in canner and return to a boil: 10 minutes for 250ml jar | 5 minutes for 125ml jars.
8. Remove jars from water and let stand until completely cold on a towel-lined surface.
9. Check lids (should be curved down and not bouncy) and reprocess any jars that aren’t sealed.
10. Hand-tighten the lids firmly when cold, label and date.