Tarte aux pommes
Making the dough
250gr flour, pastry or all-purpose 125gr unsalted butter, soft 1 egg yolk 1 pinch of salt 50gr sugar 45ml water, lukewarm
- In a bowl, combine the flour, butter, salt and sugar and work the mixture to fine a sandy texture. Add the yolk and the water and work the dough to a soft ball. (Do not overwork)
- Line the tart rings as per instruction.
Making the apple compote
2 apple, peeled and cored. 30gr sugar 45ml water 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a quick boil.
- Turn down the heat to very low, cover with a lid, and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until apples are very tender.
- Mash with a fork (for texture) or purée with an electric blender.
Assembling the tart
4 tart shells 1 cup. apple compote 4 apple, peeled, halved and cored
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Divide the apple compote into the four lined tart shells and using the back of a spoon, spread evenly.
- Thinly sliced the halved apples and assemble the tart as per instruction and dust with a little cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, then remove the ring (if using rings) and turn down the oven to 380°F (190°C). Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the dough is completely cooked and golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes. Brush the top with warm apple jelly.