Lemon & Raspberry Polenta Cake
150gr milk 50gr polenta 110gr. unsalted butter, melted 100gr. icing sugar 50gr. ground almonds 2 tsp. baking powder 1 tbsp. corn starch 2 eggs 2 lemons, zested and juiced 1cup. fresh (or frozen) raspberries
Method: 1. Heat up 150ml. milk . When hot, remove from the heat and slowly whisk in 50gr. polenta until absorbed. Allow to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 360F
3. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (sugar, ground almonds, baking powder and corn starch).
4. In a large bowl, place the cooled polenta and, using a wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients mix, a little at the time until absorbed.
5. Add the eggs, one a the time until absorbed, the lemon zests and juice and melted butter.
6. Brush a cake pan with a little melted (or soft) butter, sprinkle with a little granulated sugar and shake off any sugar excess.
7. Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into the sugared cake pan, then sprinkle with the raspberries, then top with the remaining batter.
8. Place into the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until a bamboo skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
9. Remove the cake and allow to cool before slicing.
10. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar before serving.