Crab cakes From our City TV Breakfast segment - November 28th
200gr scallops 1 egg white
4 Tbsp. cream
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp. white pepper, ground
1/4 Tsp. smoked paprika
1/4 Tsp. cumin, ground
1/2 cup Crab meat, uncooked and drained (use cooked and canned if needed)
1/4 cup Red pepper, seeded and small diced
1/4 cup Celery stalk, small diced
1 Shallot, peeled and small diced
1 Carrot, peeled and small diced
2 Tbsp. Fresh herbs, chopped (Basil, oregano, thyme)
1 cup Breadcrumb (Panko type if available)
- Place the scallop in a food processor and pulse to a coarse paste.
- Add the egg white, salt and pepper, smoked paprika and cumin. Blend.
- Add the cream and purée until incorporated.
- Remove and transfer into a bowl.
- Add all diced vegetables and the crab meat.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, spoon some crab meat on breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the top with a little additional breadcrumbs. Place an upside down water glass over the crab mixture and swirl the glass around to shape the crab cake. Press the top down to the desire shape.
- Place on baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 380F for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the crab cake is cooked.
- Serve with spicy red pepper Aioli (1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup roasted red pepper seeded and drain, 1 Tsp. of garlic, salt ad pepper to taste, 1 good squeeze of lemon juice, 2 Tsp. of hot sauce - Mixed in food processor-)