Professional Chef Instructor
We are looking for a passionate, outgoing and engaging chef to join our team
and instruct 4-6 classes/month for our clients
who are furthering their recreational skills in cooking.
The successful candidate will be fluent in English, and comfortable instructing in English to English first language student base. He/she will possess an exceptional foundation of cooking knowledge, and be a natural at communicating the importance of these fundamentals to someone with little or no cooking knowledge.
Responsibilities include but are not limited
· Preparation of classroom and ingredients for each class
· Must follow course curriculum, sequencing, and delivery of material as directed
· Independent instruction of classes of up to 16 people
· Providing positive feedback and support in the classroom to each individual student during class
· Keeping classroom impeccably clean and organized at all times
· Detailed Inventory and ordering management
· Professionally communicate with clients as needed via email and phone
· Manage support staff and maximize their output by overseeing their responsibilities and providing additional tasks as time allows
· Flexibility in hours and schedules, working weekends, evenings as needed
· Ability to teach children and adjust teaching style
· Professional chef certification
· Minimum 5 years experience
· Experience in engaging an audience, and providing education/instruction on some subject (not limited to the food scene)
· Fluent in English, at ease with English documentation and speaking on the phone.
· Reasonable knowledge of a variety of software, including excel, word, and adobe Acrobat
· Knowledge of many different types of cuisine, and an openness to an array of ethnic ingredients and cooking techniques
· Enthusiastic and passionate about food and sharing that passion
· Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to think ‘outside of the box’
Compensation: based on experience and qualification.
Please send your resume with cover letter at: